[blip.tv http://blip.tv/play/hu4Ngs_fYAA width=”480″ height=”385″]
- Finished Simplistic Cowl, Sarah Campbell, Blue Sky Alpaca Melange, US5
- Started generic sock – Manly sock? Lana Grossa Meilenweit Party, US 1.5, 72 stitches
- Show samples – Started another design sock, tentatively called the Seeded Rib socks, using FDW Heavenly, Marmaris, US 1.5
- Started Maluka out of FDW Cirrus, Berry Stained Fingers, US6
- Camp Loopy #3 project – dropped out. Will still knit Pia Laceweight pullover in Zauberball lace, black/gray/white, US3
- The shop will return to regular updates next week on Sept 2nd.
- I’m taking special orders again.
- Interlocked Socks pattern is out to test knitters.
- I will be in a local Pittsburgh indie yarn & fiber show on November 19. Planning is still underway, so more details as I have them.
- Review of Fall 2011 Love of Knitting magazine; brief peek at my favorite things from Interweave Knits Weekend magazine.
- Rav Group Quickie KAL – TARDIS Kindle Case by Stephanie Walls
- Today is the last day to donate to Lynn Zimm’s MAW fundraiser (Oops! Sorry! The deadline was at noon today. My bad!)
- Stitches Midwest this weekend – check out the podcaster meet & greet if you’re going to be there! Wish I could go!
- Stashdown Update –DK Stash Down, 26 skeins.
Giveaways! Watch & see if you won. I’ll wait a week before contacting winners so they have a chance to find out for themselves that they won. :)
- Giveaway #3 – Spud & Chloe Sweater leftovers
- Giveaway #1 – Scarlett Cardi, Jane Ellison; Noro Matsuri.
- Giveaway #2 – Feb Lady Sweater, Pamela Wynne, Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool.
- Finished listening to Boy by Roald Dahl on my trip last weekend. REALLY recommend it! Very good. Loved the audiobook from Audible.
- We experienced both tragedy & miracles here in our community & family this past week. I share that toward the end of the podcast. As a response to both, and to my new decision to do what I can to obliterate snarkiness & meanness from the world, I’ll be doing a Thankfulness Giveaway on Sept. 8. Check the Rav board for more details on how to enter!
- Bought 30 Day Shred. Super cheap at B&N!
- In addition to continuing to post the podcast to this blog, along with other shop & important Fibernymph related things, I am going to resurrect my old Inspired blog as a place for the kinds of posts I used to publish there…person, knitting, photos, etc. Check it out in the coming weeks if you’re interested.