[blip.tv http://blip.tv/play/hu4Ngs6PKQA.html width=”480″ height=”385″]
We’re back from vacation, getting to visit that handsome guy in the uniform. :)
This was literally a minute after he stepped off the bus. I hugged him, then told him to line up to take a picture. LOL (Yes, my hubby and younger son ARE actually smiling in this picture. Honest. ;))
- Finished Camp Loopy#2 project before we left – Wood Hollow Mittens by Kirsten Kapur. Spud & Chloe Sweater, Jelly Bean. I’m giving away the 140 yards of leftover yarn I have from this project. If you’ve not used Spud & Chloe Sweater before & would like to be in the drawing for it, leave a post in the Rav thread (NOT here on the blog).
- Finished Pogona. Not blocked.
- Finished TARDIS socks.
- Finished DK socks. Wrote a textured sock pattern for them as I went, calling it Interlocked. It will be for sportweight. Want to test knit a pair? PM me on Ravelry or Plurk and let me know!
- Finished all the freaking granny squares.
- Designed and knit a shawl in order to reach my Stash Dash total. Not blocked yet. I’ll be looking for test knitters for this pattern too. Contact me if you want more info on that. It will be called Ridgeline, a slipped stitch textured pattern. I used Zitron Avanti and US 5 needles.
- Started Simplistic Cowl, Sarah Campbell, Blue Sky Alpaca Melange, US5
- Started Camp Loopy #3 project will be Pia Laceweight pullover in Zauberball lace, black/gray/white, US3
- Pushing the next update back to Sept 2nd.
- Working on special orders. Not taking more for the time being.
- I talk about why dyers re-skein yarn.
Resources & Recommendations…
- Reviewed Fiddle Knits Patterns – Shades of Green Collection, Erica Jackofsky, 11 patterns in total plus fun green facts.
- Sweater giveaways – I have two sweaters that I knit a few years ago and are too big for me now. I’d love to give them away. I’ll do random number drawings for each in a future episode. Post in this thread for the Scarlett Cardi, pattern by Jane Ellison; done in Noro Matsuri. Post in this thread for the February Lady Sweater, pattern by Pamela Wynne, done in Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool.
- Rav Group Quickie KAL – Continue to work on the Simplistic Cowl by Sarah Campbell, or pick from any of our past KAL projects. Deadline for posting a picture to be entered in the August Quickie KAL drawing will be 11:59 p.m. on Aug. 31.
- Stashdown Update – Done with Stash Dash! 5490! DK Stash Down, 24.5 skeins.
- Podcasters Challenge – I’m not taking part, but I’d encourage you to check out the many wonderful podcasters who are doing it. (The first post in this thread has a list and links to all of the participants.) Especially with regard to the Mother Bear KAL they are doing…if you are not already knitting for a specific podcaster but would like to, I’d encourage you to maybe choose to knit for one of the podcasters who don’t have huge Rav groups. They’d love to have your help in this effort!
- Didn’t read Truck at all while on vacation. I did listen to Bossypants by Tina Fey and LOVED it. Started listening to Boy by Roald Dahl and enjoyed that too. Bought Backseat Saints by Jocelyn Jackson. If you’ve not ready any of her books, I encourage you to do so. She’s a fantastic novelist. Southern fiction with compelling characters and plot twists you never see coming.