90% Knitting – Episode 26

[blip.tv http://blip.tv/play/hu4NgsnJZQA.html width=”480″ height=”385″]

Full show notes coming, but if you are wanting to fill out the form to enter the lottery for a possible spot in the Trifecta of Awesome Yarn Club, here’s the link. Sign ups will be open until Saturday, after which we will do a RNG to pick the 30 members. If you get in, you will be notified! Good luck! :)

What’s Happening:

• First experimental colorway sock is finished. Second is cast on.
  • Added a few more rows to Pogona.
  • Frogged the Chevron blanket and restarted it as a Granny Square blanket. CPY Bunny Hop in 8 colors. H hook.
  • Started Wood Hollow Mittens by Kirsten Kapur as my 2nd Camp Loopy project. Using Spud & Chloe Sweater in Jelly Bean. US5/3.75mm.
  • Started Rose’s Twist socks from last week’s KAL. Gypsyknits DK, US3.
  • Twistygoo pattern is now available as a free download through Ravelry.
  • Sewing – Made a new Lolita skirt for Emma.
  • New things – rescued 4 lonely sale skeins of Noro Silk Garden from my LYS; Amy/Knitphomaniac gifted me the Sheep Socks pattern by Sandra Jager.

Shop Update:

• Fingering & Worsted weight this week, plus fiber.
  • Trifecta of Awesome Yarn Club sign ups open now through Saturday (see above for link).

Resources/Recommendations:

• This week’s Quickie KAL will be the Twistygoo hat.
  • Reviewed KnitSimple & Knitscene’s most recent issues.

10%:

• Still reading Truck; started I Know I am But What Are You? by Samantha Bee.
  • Congratulations to Kate from Noteable Needle on her wedding last weekend.
  • Speaking of…check out Noteable Needle with Kate as well as Knitabulls with Diane, two new (to me, anyway) videocasts I’ve been enjoying lately!
  • DRAWINGS! Yeay!
Advertisements
This entry was posted in 90% Knitting Episodes, Shop News. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to 90% Knitting – Episode 26

1. Tara-Lise Gagnon says:

ooo, maybe a little on the sensitive side but that comment “what else do you bring back from Canada” hit a nerve. Canada has so much to offer and since you are a yarn lover and knitter may I remind you of a few….Lucy Neatby,The yarn harlot, http://www.sweetgeorgiayarns.com, Fleece Artist/Handmaiden, and designers such as Robin Melanson and Mags Kandis. I have enjoyed your podcast and looked forward to it but again that off the cuff comment hit a nerve…. My home is Canada and I am proud to say it and to remind you of the abundance it possesses.

• fibernymph says:

Oh, that is SO not how I meant that comment! I’m sorry if it sounded disparaging! I love Canada and wish I could spend more time there visiting all it has to offer. The comment was more from the fact that my visit when I got the mugs was a quick, overnight trip and all I basically had time to get was the mugs and Tim Horton’s. LOL But clearly, my thoughts aren’t audible on the videocast, thus those pertinent details weren’t shared. For the record, I end up buying mugs practically EVERYWHERE I visit, so in that respect, “What else do you bring back from [insert location of your choice here]?” for me would be MUGS. LOL

• piddleloop says:

so and so went to canada and all i got was this lousey t-shirt shirt! of course

actually i dated someone from london ON for 4 years and i have shirts from canada (along with a timmy mug) one that says Canada EH? and several Roots ones and my favorite of all a long sleeved one that says Canada Kicks ass. Let’s not talk about how many Leaf’s shirts i had at one time too. I’ve been eyeing one of those Suban HAB’s shirts.

;)

• fibernymph says:

LOL I have to stop myself from buying T-shirts anymore. They always seem like a good idea at the time, but I rarely wear them much once I get them home. The most ironic souvenir t-shirt I think I ever bought was one that I got at the Walden Pond gift shop, a Thoreau society t-shirt that said, “Simplify, simplify…” Haha! Wonder what old Hank Dave would have thought of all the crap being sold in his name at that gift shop?? ;)

2. Steven says:

I actually would totally wear that hooded sweater. Love it!

3. LoriAngela says:

I finally got my wonderfulSummer Wild Child in a pair of semi solid and striped. Boo Canada Post.
    I bought the Big Book of Knitted Monsters for my iPad, so I’m all set. So excited. Thanks for the treats, too!