Again, apologies for no show notes last week. The one thing I did want to make sure to mention from that episode, though, was Anne Hanson’s new club I referenced. It is the Fall in Full Color Club. Can’t wait for it!
I’ve decided to reformat the show, consolidating segments a bit (same content, though!). Hopefully it will feel a little more streamlined this way.
- Finished the first Forest Floor sock, my Amble yarn in the Forest Floor colorway. US 1.5/2.5mm needles.
- Finished my KGASS swap square. Dream in Color Classy yarn, Lipstick Lava colorway. US7/4.5mm needles. I used the Tumbling Blocks stitch pattern from The Knitter’s Bible.
- Finished my Springtime Bandit last night, just needs blocked. Pattern by Kate Osborn, yarn is my handspun Merino, fiber from Briar Rose Fibers, 399 yards.
- Swatched for the Evenstar, pattern by Susan Pandorf. Yarn is Highland Handmades Black Cherry Lace in Blue Lobster colorway. US3/3.25mm needles.
- Next project up will be my Knit Girllls SAL/KAL project with the Tempted Fiber. I’m still deciding between the Age of Steam & Brass Kerchief or the Albina Arm Warmers.
- This week there will be sock yarn, worsted, light fingering, some Polwarth fiber and bags in new fabrics.
- Two new bases I dyed this week: Heavenly, a 80/10/10 superwash Merino/Cashmere/Nylon fingering (that feels as good as its name!) and Cozy, superwash worsted Merino.
- From here on out, the shop will update on Fridays, after 12:00 noon eastern. Life is too crazy right now and will be through summer to make it any more specific than that. Thanks for understanding!
- This week, I acquired the Malabrigo 3 pattern book, Westknits Book 1 (which was on the shelf next to Malabrigo 3…easy access) and Cecily’s Silk Cardigan pattern from Blue Sky Alpacas.
- Huge recommendation for ChiaoGoo Lace needles — very pointy (worked great for my Evenstar swatch), excellent join and a cable that that I love even more than the original Addi Turbo gold-ish colored one that they don’t use anymore.
- This week’s Quickie KAL will be the Tasting Cowl, by Laura Linneman. Great little project for using up leftovers and for practicing your stranded colorwork skillz.
- I had external hard drive fail this week. Sadz. :(
- Didn’t go to MS&W so I missed out on seeing people I wanted to see. Sadz. :(
- However, I DID get beautiful roses from DS in Afghanistan and he called on Saturday too, so it was a good thing I was home! Happiez!