We hit the 400 mark in our Ravelry group this week, so it was time for a membership milestone drawing! Tune it to see who won! :)
ON THE NEEDLES:
- Plain vanilla top down sock for my sock class I was teaching, Jojoland Melody yarn, colorway MS26, US1/2.25 needles.
- Springtime Bandit, pattern by Kate Osborn, knit from my handspun Merino which I got from Briar Rose Fibers, US8/5mm needles.
- KGASS Square, DIC Classy, Lipstick Lava, Tumbling Blocks stitch pattern, US7/2.5 mm
- The little “toe swatch” I used to teach toes in sock class…it is now my sheepie’s hat. LOL
ON THE WHEEL: Nothing, as my wheel is ready to go to Fling!
- There will be no shop update this week while I’m out of town. It will update next week, 5/6, between 4-6 p.m.
- The shop now has official buttons, which are being sent out, one per customer, while supplies last! (There will also be a few on my person at Fling and at Maryland Sheep & Wool.)
- Steve’s Japanese Garden Shawl Ebay auction is in full swing! Stop over at his blog, Dramatic Knits, for the link to the auction and place a bid if you feel so moved. I think the auction ends this weekend or shortly thereafter? The proceeds from the auction will go to relief efforts in Japan.
- Steve is also doing an Evenstar Shawl KAL on his Ravelry group. I’m so tempted to join. I even bought yarn for it. Soooo tempted.
- Our Quickie KAL this week will be Saartje’s Booties, by Saartje de Bruijn. Fun little baby booties! How can you not knit them? ;)
- And we have an April Quickie KAL Drawing winner! His or her name is announced near the end of the videocast. =)
- After talking so much about Spring Fling, I thought I should possibly tell you what it actually is in case you don’t already know!
- Other events I’m planning to attend are Maryland Sheep & Wool (probably on Sunday, May 8th), and I’m 98% sure I’m going to be at Stitches Midwest in Schaumburg, IL, August 25-28. Stay tuned!