This was Take (freakin’) Four of recording today. Me and the camera…grrrr. I was far
more put together and coherent in Take One and Two. Sigh.
Welcome to the new members of the 90% Knitting group on Ravelry, and thanks so much
for your thoughts and prayers for our son in Afghanistan. He’s all recovered from his
injuries and has returned to his unit now.
ON THE NEEDLES:
- 1. Moody Blues Socks, plain vanilla sock, my hand-dyed, stilllll on #2.
- 2. Autumn Dream Scarf, pattern by Wendy Johnson, yarn by Indie Dyer in
Dragonfly. US6/4mm needles.
- 3. Slouchy Cardigan, vaguely following Helene Roux’ pattern from Greetings from
Knit Cafe, Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy yarn, on US7s/4.5mm needles.
- 1. Preemie Baby Beanie, pattern by Karen Everitt, leftover sock yarn. (Little baby
Caroline, for whom Melissa started the Sweet Caroline preemie cap KAL passed
away. Sadness. :( )
ON THE WHEEL:
- 1. Started the Knit Girllls SAL last Friday. Spun half of my Tempted fiber so far.
- 1. Lots of sock yarn this week, mostly 100% Merino. There will be some short
skeins and a few new colorways featuring my new favorites shades of pink and
- 2. Two new colorways in the light fingering 535 yard skeins.
- 3. I dyed up mini-striping yarns w/ coordinating semi-solids in worsted with
monsters and mittens in mind.
- 4. Featured spinning fiber this week is BFL.
- 5. There will be more bags this week (I don’t think I remembered to say this on
- 6. This week’s shop update will be on Friday between 6 – 7 p.m. eastern. Hoping
to give people who work during the day a shot at catching the update!
- 1. The Big Book of Knitted Monsters, by Rebecca Danger
- 2. Spud & Chloe at the Farm, by Susan Anderson
- 3. Norwegian Handknits, but Sue Flanders and Janine Kosel
- 4. Also, the Deluxe Collector’s Edition book of Gnomes, illustrated by my favorite
illustrator, Rien Poortvliet. Not at all knitting related, but still very cool. (Beware
the nekkid gnomes.)
- 1. This week’s Quickie KAL will be Susie’s Reading Mitts, by Susie Rogers and
- 2. Got the basement cleaned out enough that I can access my workout equipment
again! Time to get busy! I feel so sluggy.
- 3. I can’t help it…I feel the urge for a new tattoo. Soon. Very soon. Stay tuned!