The big announcement this week is that the Fibernymph Dye Works Etsy shop will open
on Friday, between noon and 2:00 p.m. eastern. Hope you stop by! You can sign up for the
FDW Update Newsletter on the new blog. (I’m still updating the old blog too, but we’ll be
completely switched over in the new few weeks.)
ON THE NEEDLES:
- March YOSS plain vanilla in Shamrockin’ colorway of Big Footie, Keegan Lane
- Pedestrian Crossing Cowl, pattern by Melissa Tuttle Sibley; Malabrigo Rios,
ON THE WHEEL/IN THE DYE:
- Finished spinning the BFL/Silk in Juniper colorway from Dyeabolical Yarns.
- Re-started spinning the camel down I started a couple years ago from Anne
Tullett’s Luxury Natural Fibers.
- Dyed a lot of self-striping sock yarn and variegated light fingering; also sewed up
our first batch of bags.
- CraftSanity Magazine – available in PDF or hard copy
- Wendy Johnson’s Japanese Garden Shawl. She’s donating the profits from this
pattern to the American Red Cross for relief efforts in Japan through the end of
April. I’m offering a drawing for one copy of this pattern on the Rav group. Enter
- I will also be donating any profits I make from now through the end of April from
my two patterns on Ravelry, Call Before Digging and Twisted & Twining to relief
efforts in Japan through Mission to the World.
- This week’s Quickie KAL will be Bunny Nuggets and/or Chubby Chirps, free
patterns both from Rebecca Danger. Make either or make both and post pictures
on the Rav thread to be entered in the monthly KAL drawing. First monthly KAL
drawing will be on next week’s episode.
- Going to the Homespun Yarn Party on Sunday in Savage, MD!
- I’m obsessed with Plants vs. Zombies on the iPad. Totally addictive!