Welcome to Episode 3!
90% Knitting is now available through iTunes. Hopefully, I’ve solved the iPod/iTouch issue with this week’s episode, but if someone could let me know for sure, I’d appreciate it! Also, there is a 90% Knitting group on Ravelry now. C’mon over!
And again I failed to mention the knitted object I was wearing. It was my A Little Jazz scarf that was made from the pattern (by Samantha Roshak) and yarn (Fiesta Baby Boom) from the March 2010 Loopy Sock Club shipment.
I think I rolled my eyes less in this videocast, but they’re still looking shifty. What’s up with that??
ON THE NEEDLES:
- Calvados, Thea Colman, Cascade 220.
- February YOSS sock, plain vanilla sock, Fleece Artist Somoko yarn, “Sun” colorway.
- Swap shawl revealed, even though it is still secret. Check it out on the videocast if you want to know more about it. ;)
- Starving Artist, pattern by Laura Linneman, yarn is Zitron Unikat.
- I-Love-Stockinette Baby Bibs, pattern by Laura Treadway, yarn is Elsebeth Lavold Cable Cotton.
ON THE WHEEL:
- Finished spinning and plyed the Targhee wool & mohair fiber from last week. Got 285 yards of a worsted weight.
- Handpainted some Rambouillet-Soy Silk fiber. Check out this blog post for more info on this project.
- Working on finalizing Twisting & Twining.
- Calvados Oops Redux…don’t just re-read your pattern if you’ve taken a long break in the middle of a pattern. Go back to your Ravelry project page and see if you’ve left yourself any helpful notes! Duh.
- No books this week, but Yarndex is a very helpful resource if you’re looking for info on most commercial yarns.
- Steelers lost the Superbowl…there’s always next year. ;)
- Got my TLE Swap package last week, and it was WONDERFUL! Thanks again, Meesh! The book was Alice Starmore’s Book of Fair Isle Knitting. The socks were the Inferno pattern made from DIC Smooshy, Lipstick Lava colorway.
- This weekend: My daughter’s Lolita meet (here are the cat shoes I mentioned…cute!), my 16 year old son’s first official dance (eep!) and Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival.